[CPS3] CPS3 Emulator Preview Test version

This is a preview version of my CPS3 emulator. Here you
can see the current work-in-progress state of the emulation.

There are still a lot of missing features to emulate properly
so don't report any emulation errors yet. The missing features
include (and the effect caused by them missing) :

Sprite Zoom: you'll see the sprite tiles (squares) not being properly aligned or with gaps
Fullscreen Zoom: Sometimes it seems like the camera is not pointing to the action
Per-tile palette selection: some colors (a lot in some games) are wrong
Priorities: objects that are over the background when they should appear behind
Linescroll: Floor 3D effect missing. SF32ndi scrolling letters in intro missing.
Linezoom: I don't know where is it used :)

CPS3 Emulator Test Version. This package includes both the normal and MultiCPU versions exes.

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/
CPS3 Emulator Preview 2 Test version

This is a preview version of my CPS3 emulator. Here you
can see the current work-in-progress state of the emulation.

I've fixed some problems in the emulation:
Color palettes seem right now
Fullscreen Zoom
Sprite Zoom
Linescroll

The priorities have improved but they aren't fully right yet (mainly in jojo games).
Shadow/alpha is still missing.
Linezoom is missing, but I haven't found a single place where it's used.
Sean stage in sf3ng doesn't crash now, but shows garbage in the bg.

I've added an entry to the ini so you can switch the region (except for warzard that it won't boot unless region is Asia)

I've also tried to fix some problems that people were having with
some old and integrated graphics chipsets. Probably some problems have been fixed, but there might still be some around.
You can now also try to fix the renderer to the vsync of your monitor with an option in the ini file (ForceSync).

CPS3 Emulator Test Version 2. This package includes both the normal and MultiCPU versions exes.
If you have graphics problems and are using the MultiCPU version, try with the standard version

UPDATE: I've noticed that I disabled the image filtering in fullscreen. I've updated the package with an exe that works like the old version
you can get the unfiltered version by setting FilterTilemaps=0 in the ini.  

CPS3 Emulator Preview 3 Test version

This is a preview version of my CPS3 emulator. Here you can see the current work-in-progress state of the emulation.

New features emulated:
Palette fadein/out
Sean stage special tile compression
Proper sprite/tilemap alignment
Proper priority handling

The CPS3 emulation is almost complete. Only the shadow/blending emulation is missing. There is a preliminary emulation for it that works partially with the shadows, but is not correct in some other places (warzard sword effects for example).

I've added savestates support. To make a savestate, first select the slot with CTRL+number (in the main keyboard, not in the keypad) then press F11 twice (it's done that way so you don't accidentally delete a working state). To load a savestate, select the slot and then press F10.

I've added an option to set a custom fullscreen resolution in the .ini file (FullScreenWidth,FullScreenHeight). You must enable it setting Video->Fullscreen Resolution->Custom. Using a resolution that is not supported by your video card will cause the emulator to crash.

CPS3 Emulator Test Version 3. I'm not including the MultiCPU version as it causes some graphics glitches and if you have a dual core CPU, then you have enough power to run the standard version.  

CPS3 Emulator v1.0  Posted by ElSemi  08/07/07   

This is the final version of the CPS3 emulator.

It adds transparency effects (not actual transparency, but well it looks like that :) ), although it's not fully understood yet.

Fixed palette transformation for flashes, and fadein/outs, now blacks properly fade to white.

Fixed crashes in some zoomin ending sequences in SF3 games.

Fixed a 1 pixel offset in the framebuffer that was causing a 1 pixel column problem in the left side of the screen sometimes.

Added support for Nebula external video plugins (there is some source code and the interface documents in the plugins folder).

Added CHD (MAME's compressed Hard Disks CD Images) support. Just put the .chd files in the CHD folder in the main directory (sorry, no path selection for it). And the bios (or the full roms zip) romsets in the ROMS directory. When loading a CHD romset, the emulator will run the entire startup sequence so it will take a while to boot (early games just have a black screen) while the bios waits for the cd to spin up. You don't need to go through the flashrom rewritting sequence, although you can see how it looks (just for fun, as it doesn't actually write anything) by going to Test menu and selecting "Game Rewrite". Using CHDs doesn't have an actual benefit (except for seeing the exact startup sequence of the game machine) apart from being able to run Warzard in any region because Warzard always checks the cd ingame unless it's set to asia, so by having the real CD emulation through CHD, you can run it in any region).

CPS3 Emulator v1.0a  Posted by ElSemi  15/07/07

Fixed CHD reading for the Alt Versions
Fixed Jojoalt rom 10 CRC, it was loading the one from the parent jojo set.
Fixed crashing in sfiii3 when Ken finishes Makoto with neutral throw (kicks). It's actually a bug in the game (fixed in sfiii3a). In the real board it would cause an address error (misaligned jump) and would reset the machine due to watchdog. In the emu it will just freeze the game because there is not watchdog, just hit F3 to restart the game.
Fixed Jojo games damage level. It was a core bug in the ADDC (add with carry) opcode, so it could be causing problems in other games too.
Added support for joypads with more than 8 buttons.
Re-enabled the Unload Rom button, I disabled it because it fails more times than works, but there is some people that actually used it, so I've enabled it again.